Name: Agnese Lace
Host Institution: Koç University (MireKoç)
Profile: Agnese’s migration path started at the age of 17, boarding an airplane for the first time in Riga, Latvia, to spend a year abroad in the U.S. There she developed an interest in political science and international relations that she later pursued at the University of Latvia, receiving a B.Sc. and M.Sc in political science, spending a semester at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden. Migration was the focus of her research already during these studies, and an EC scholarship for a European Joint Master Program “International Migration and Social Cohesion” allowed her to pursue migration studies further, studying migration while migrating. In the framework of this program, Agnese studied at the University of Amsterdam, University of Deusto and University of Osnabrueck. Besides her academic career path, Agnese has also worked for several governmental institutions of Latvia, including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and deepened her knowledge in the field of minority protection at the Office of OSCE High Commissioner on National Minorities in the Hague, the Netherlands. Agnese’s research interests – diaspora, national minorities and dual citizenship – are also the core concepts of her PhD research at Koç University in Istanbul, Turkey in the framework of INTEGRIM Initial Training Network as a Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher.
- LACE, A. (2014), “Political Duality of Dual Citizenship – Diaspora versus National Minorities: A Research Framework”, Integrim online papers, No. 2/2014.
- CONFERENCE/ EVENT: The 4th Ruppin International Conference On Immigration and Social Integration. TITLE: “Dual Citizenship and Societal Cohesion: Who is an Ideal Citizen?”. DATE AND PLACE: 23-24 May 2016. Ruppin Academic Center, Emek Hefer, IL
- CONFERENCE/ EVENT: 3rd Annual INTEGRIM Conference “Citizenship in Motion: Responses to Increasing Transnationality”. TITLE: “Citizenship as a Tool for Inclusion and Exclusion in the Nation-Building Process”. DATE AND PLACE: 21 November 2015; Koç University, Istanbul, TR
- CONFERENCE/ EVENT: The Role of Religion in Love: The Case of Eastern European – Turkish Intermarriages”. TITLE: “ACCESS Europe Seminar “Turkey and/in Europe. New actors, extending transnational fields, dynamics of flow and closure”. DATE AND PLACE: 16 October 2015, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, NL
- CONFERENCE/ EVENT: Venice Academy of Human Rights. TITLE: “Political Duality of Dual Citizenship: Immigrants versus Emigrants”. DATE AND PLACE: 14 July 2015; Venice, IT
- CONFERENCE/ EVENT: Seminar on Turkey and the European Union: Opportunities and Obstacles for Further Integration. TITLE: “Fears of Further Enlargement from the Perspective of the EU: Comparing 2004 Enlargement and the Case of Turkey”. DATE AND PLACE: 15 May 2015. Stockholm School of Economics in Riga. Riga, LV
- CONFERENCE/ EVENT: INTEGRIM Scientific Thematic Workshop “Religion and Political Participation and Mobilization of Immigrant Groups: A Transatlantic Perspective”. TITLE: “The Role of Religion in Love: The Case of Eastern European – Turkish Intermarriages” DATE AND PLACE: 11 May 2015. University of Liege, BE
- CONFERENCE/ EVENT: WP2 “Citizenship and Political Participation” Scientific Meeting, INTEGRIM 2nd Annual Conference TITLE: “Dual Citizenship as a Tool for Diversity Management in the Era of Transnationalism” DATE AND PLACE: 9 December 2014. Central European University, Budapest, HU
- CONFERENCE/ EVENT: MiReKoç 10th Year Conference “Border, Mobility and Diversity: Old Questions, New Challenges”. TITLE: “Dual Citizenship as a Tool for Diversity Management in the Era of Transnationalism” DATE AND PLACE: 20 November 2014. Koç University, Istanbul, TR
- CONFERENCE/ EVENT: MiReKoç International Summer School “International Migration in the Post-Soviet Space“. TITLE: “Migration and the Baltic States: Diaspora, Emigrants and Minorities in the Baltic States” DATE AND PLACE: 7 July 2014. Koç University, Istanbul, TR
- CONFERENCE/ EVENT: INTEGRIM Scientific Thematic Workshop: WP2 “Citizenship and Political Participation”. TITLE: “Shared citizens across stronger borders: State justifications for application of dual citizenship” DATE AND PLACE: 11 June 2014. CEDEM, University of Liege, BE
- CONFERENCE/ EVENT: Provost Postdoctoral Symposium:Global Change in a Dynamic World: Citizens, Places, Identities.TITLE: “Shared citizens across stronger borders: State justifications for application of dual citizenship” DATE AND PLACE: 28 March 2014. University of South Florida, US
- CONFERENCE/ EVENT: WP2 “Citizenship and Political Participation” Scientific Thematic Workshop, INTEGRIM 1st Annual Conference. TITLE: “Political Duality of Dual Citizenship” DATE AND PLACE: 12 December 2013. University of Amsterdam, NL