Category 1: Monthly Living Allowance
This refers to the basic amount to be paid to the researcher in monthly instalments (Early stage researchers/Employment Contract (€/year): 38.000€). This amount is then adjusted through the application of a correction coefficient for the cost of living according to the country in which the researcher will be appointed
The 27 EU Member States (Based on the Council Regulation (EC) No 1239/2010 of 20 December 2010 (OJ L338 of 22.12.2010, p.2/3) adjusting the correction coefficients applicable to the remuneration of officials of the European Union)
(The correction coefficients that will be applied are indicated in Table 3.2 in Annex 3 to the Work Programme).
Example of breakdown of the estimated budget for one of the partners -Spain (Category 1)
Category 2: Mobility Allowance
In addition to the living allowance, a mobility allowance will be paid for some categories of researchers as specified in Table 3.3 of the Work Programme, which will take due account of the family situation of the researcher. In this context family is defined as persons linked to the researcher by (i) marriage, or (ii) a relationship with equivalent status to a marriage recognised by the national legislation of the country of the host organisation or of the nationality of the researcher; or (iii) dependent children who are actually being maintained by the researcher. This allowance is a flat rate contribution to cover personal household, relocation and travel expenses.
There are two reference amounts depending on the family situation of the researcher at the time of the recruitment of the researcher:
• €1000/month: Researcher with family charges (marriage or relationship with equivalent status to a marriage recognised by the national legislation of the country of the host organisation or of the nationality of the researcher, and/or children).
• €700/month: Researcher without family charges
Example of breakdown of the estimated budget for one of the partners-Spain (Category 2)
Category 3: Contribution to the Training Expenses of Eligible Researchers and Research / Transfer of Knowledge Programme Expenses
This is a flat rate managed by the host organisations to contribute to expenses related to:
• the participation of researchers in training activities;
• expenses related to research costs;
• execution of the training/partnership project;
• contribution to the expenses related to the co-ordination between participants.